Severe weather struck with a violent intensity this weekend, leaving a wide path of death and destruction across eight states.
United Hands Relief is responding to the devastating tornadoes that ripped through at least 6 states Friday night and Saturday morning. There were at least 50 reports of tornadoes during the outbreak from late Friday into Saturday in Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio and Tennessee, according to the Storm Prediction Center.Mayfield in Western Kentucky is one of the hardest hit areas where more than 100 casualties have been confirmed as a result of the storm. UHR is responding to Mayfield and other impacted communities across the widespread disaster region. The UHR team and trucks will depart for Kentucky at 9AM on Thursday, December 16. The team will distribute emergency aid and meet with survivors to discuss ongoing needs.
Help us reach disaster victims on time! Your gift will make an enormous impact.
UHR is requesting donations of the following types of items:
- Monetary donations: Donate online or mail checks to United Hands Relief
- Cases of bottled water
- Personal care products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizers, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach, mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves, etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels, etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, baby wash, baby shampoo, etc.
- First-aid kits/items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first-aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs, etc.
Donations can be dropped off at UHR resource center located at 3107 Ave. E, Arlington, TX 76011.
Engages in humanitarian projects both locally and internationally to assist those in dire need of assistance. It is our goal to empower individuals and families within their communities.